Thursday, April 7, 2011

Beautiful Cool Down

I made it through one week of Bootcamp! I signed up for three days a week and dragged myself out of bed three mornings.  Wednesday was Run Day. So we ran for 40 minutes. I walked at a semi-rapid pace... I'll do better next time.  Today we worked our arms - I did pretty good with my 10 pounds weights. The most beautiful part of the workout was the cool down.  Have you ever watched an artist take a brush, apply several colors and then paint perfect petals on roses, alpines on mountains, or clouds in the sky?? As we all lay on the cold sidewalk reaching for our toes in order to get a good shoulder and calf stretch (i'm still working on reaching my toes) you couldn't help but focus your eyes on the magnificent art work in the sky. They sky is so amazingly beautiful as the sun begins to rise in the morning. I immediately began to speak to the artist and thank him for such a beautiful sight. Amongst other things swirling around my mind, reflecting during the cool down really made me want to push myself more. The pain or struggle we endure for the 50 minutes of intense workout is a memory when we're cooling down and able to gaze upon such beauty. And the stretch means so much more when you've put your all into... I could totally turn that reflection into another very meaningful parallel, BUUTTT ill save that for another day.  When I got home I prepared my protein breakfast as I got ready to head out to the office. I don't know if it was the brown plate or the fact that I haven't had spinach in a while but my breakfast looked very appetizing in a healthy sort of way.

This week of bootcamp was: GOOD FOR ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment