Tuesday, December 2, 2014

My Measurements...

Time is flying! And that is an understatement. The photo biz booming. I'm learning a foreign language and also sewing. Those are the newest things on my plate these days. (Oh I have a nephew and he's cray cray adorbs and he occupies my time too but that is another long mushy post.) I've successfully sewed two skirts on my own. I was in a class where I was working on a few items and I'm proud of those things but its the things I did on my own and wear often that I am most proud of. Yesterday was my last day of class for now. I'm no longer in it so I can pursue the foreign language more fully on Monday evenings. So I'll be attending YouTube University and I've also bought some books.

One thing I just did today that I would recommend to anyone sewing is to layout your measurements so you can see what you're working with. I'm not at the point where I want to 'put em on the glass' aka put my measurement numbers all out on the internet so I'll just post this chart.



When you have measurements like this, you will most likely have to always adjust any pattern. I'm working on my first blouse and based on my measurements I span between four sizes. Grading or adjusting a pattern is a task in itself. But I guarantee you once you do it and you have that custom made skirt, dress or pair of pants. You'll fall in love with yourself all over again. They say clothes make the person and I tend to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment